Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yep ... My OWN TV Show; Haters Already?!

It's September and it's official!  I am starting filming for a new reality series about me as I (re)launch my recording career, my magazine, my fashion line . . . Yes, there are already too many reality shows on TV!  But one more won't make it worse, and I aim to use mine as a platform to inspire people, especially women, to get back up when life knocks you down, so maybe it will be worth it!

We have to film enough footage over the next few months to be edited into a pilot, and from there we'll see which networks are interested.  In the meantime, I hope you will tune in on YouTube and UStream as we film the next few months of my life (from now 'til Christmas before there is a break).

So what will we be filming for the rest of the year?  I am sort of in between moving back home to Atlanta, but I still haven't bought a house or anything so we'll have to go through that whole process.  I have to hire a stylist and do a lot of photo shoots and video shoots for the 2010 album launch.  I have to attend the mandatory industry events and parties.  And my goal is to discover a new talent in fashion design to start work on my new line.  Of course, I will be in the recording studio, collaborating and making new tracks.  I will have planning meetings for the magazine and the big launch event in Atlanta in January (or will it be March?!).I'll be meeting new people and I'm sure running into some haters along the way.  And my business philosophy after being burned quite a few times is to do all of this yet remain debt free!! A show where business meets celebrity meets publishing meets fashion meets music, fueled by these ideas as they flow out of my Diamond Mind (I'm coming back from hiatus after much personal drama!). It will be fun ride, so stay tuned.

Anyway, my thought for today:

I got a hateful message from someone I don't even know on Facebook telling me what they think I should do because they heard that I did something "terrible" to one of our mutual friends.  I was at first really upset and offended by receiving this message.  Like first of all, WHO ARE YOU and how do you have the nerve to send me a snippy message about something you have nothing to do with? And second of all, if any "friend" of mine has an issue with me, a "friend" would pick up the phone and call me rather than talk about something behind my back. 

But I was only fuming for a few minutes before I remembered some wisdom from one of my mentors: he told me that when people even think that you might have a little bit of fame, power, money, or importance, they will automatically think every part of your personal life is theirs to comment on.  This is true not just for celebrities (I am not a celebrity clearly, but a lot of people know me whom I do not know); it's true for anyone living life in a way that catches the attention of other people.  My mentor asked me if I was really ready to have my life put on display for the world to comment on and blog about, critiquing and/or criticizing my every move without ever knowing the facts about my life.  I have decided, I am ready (to quote my producer Uncle Charles) for whatever.  That is, WHATEVA.  I have to live my life without caring what people think about me.  Any real "friend" will pick up the phone and talk to you if they have beef.  The rest need not apply.

That's a gem from my Diamond Mind.

Peace from The Dollhouse -->

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on Your Diamond Mind? Tell me what you think about this.