Monday, September 7, 2009

Here are the Top Four Contemporary Divas I respect for what they bring on the mic as well as in life:
1. Mary J-for being a strong role model and not letting life get the best of her
2. Queen Latifah- for being a pioneer on wax, on TV, on the big screen and breaking barriers
3. Alicia Keys-for her humanitarian focus not just self focus at the height of her celebrity
4. Chrisette Michele-for staying true to her own musical style in this fickle industry

It's hard to find artists that genuinely earn respect in this day and age. And female artists are becoming a rare breed. Kudos to all those who are stayin true and letting the light shine from your Diamond Minds.

That's my gem for today.

My schedule:
I took it easy for Labor Day. I have the opportunity to produce three TV pilots this fall, plus working on this album, doing some shows, and laying the groundwork for the clothing line and the magazine launch in Atlanta in January. No breaks for me between now and Christmas, and I love it! Can't complain about gettin' paid to do what you love now can you?

Peace from The Dollhouse -->

1 comment:

  1. "Hi:

    Two things

    1) I’d like your permission to (re)print your article on ‘Dollhouse’ for our website

    2) I was hoping we could use your ‘scribing’ talent for our website.

    The Best Shows Youre Not Watching (dot) com [all one word]
    ‘Dollhouse’ is one of our featured shows. We’re hoping to round up a few people who can occasionally contribute perspective (via an article/blog) on the shows – maybe a recent episode, future direction, plot shortcomings etc.

    What’s in it for you?
    Primarily a larger audience back channeled to your blog. We don’t pay but the site has a lot of promise and we're pretty excited about getting it off the ground. Let me know what you think.
    http://www.thebestshowsyourenotwatching.com/

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

What's on Your Diamond Mind? Tell me what you think about this.