Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mr. Right vs. Your Dreams

A word for all my single ladies:

When you are running full speed chasing a dream, there's no room in your life for negative people who want to bring you down, or selfish people who want to keep you to themselves.  I learned this lesson the hard way when I took a 5+ year hiatus from my dreams several years ago, all in the name of love.  Not only did the relationship not last, but I ended up way behind and far off of my normal pace of hustlin' and makin' it happen where my dreams are concerned.  I got it back on track, without missin' much of a beat, but I know for a fact that this kind of resilience is actually a miracle. Lightning doesn't usually strike twice.

So that's why I tell every girl I meet (and every dude for that matter): if you've got a dream, stay focused!! I don't care who promises you what, or how much somebody claims to love you.  You've got to learn how to do you and let true love come and find you. That goes for your family as well as for your friends. If they love you, they will stand back and step aside while you follow your heart.  If they really love you, they will support you, not hinder you.  If they can't stand in the light of your greatness, they are not ready for you or worthy of you, so keep it movin'!!  At the end of life, you will have to stand before God and give an account for what you did with your time, gifts, talents, and opportunities.  What are you gonna say then?  You can't be scared of losing love - love yourself!

That's a gem from my Diamond Mind.

My schedule:

Today, I have another rehearsal later on and then I will be workin' on a few new songs we're considering for the album (AM Music, ya heard?!). I am pushin' hard getting last minute details of my life ready for the whirlwind that's going to start after Labor Day and won't end for me until Christmastime.  But I am doing what I love!!  I can't complain!!

Go do something great today.

Peace from The Dollhouse -->

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on Your Diamond Mind? Tell me what you think about this.