Wednesday, February 2, 2011

L.A. and Philly got DolllhouseROCKED

Great shows in Philly and L.A. over the last two weeks! I miss being at home but I am really excited about what is coming up. Let's see if I can recap just a bit.

Hollywood was beautiful weather of course and I had a lot on the schedule in a short time including a scheduled appearance at Donald Sutherland's Walk of Fame Ceremony; then barely had time to walk around before it was time to get ready for the show at The Cat Club on Sunset.  I was so sad that my band could not make it to the show, but I met a lot of great people including some of the cool judges: Anne Preven (Academy Award-nominated songwriter - "Listen" from DreamGirls), Tom Morello (guitarist - Rage, Against the Machine), C-Aye Purcell (producer - Jodeci, Kirk Franklin), and DA Wallach (band Chester French).

Unfortunately, I somehow lost the video footage from the L.A. show!!  I don't know what happened; but fortunately we will be back in LA soon with the full band to capture the experience.

This most recent trip to Philly has been great fun. Working with a group of talented artists is one of the best experiences possible for a creative person like me, and this Philly collective I am working with is simply amazing.  Mario Crew - producer and drummer (Natalie of Floetry, Kindred Family), David Stevens - guitarist and producer (Lisa McClendon, Marvin Winans Jr.), B. Ware (George Clinton) and Android Plus artists La'Shia, Alexis GoldenLover, Nila D.,  and the Carnival Kings . . . all of them are amazing, energetic, and super talented.  I am looking forward to having my team at DollStreet Music help put these artists on bigger platforms so that more folks can experience the greatness.

Truly had a great show last night (on South  Street in Philadelphia) and my concept for the band (Dollhouse Rock) is beginning to come together like I wanted it to. By the time the tour gets going in late March, I will have this show looking and sounding just like I want it.

I'm wearing a lot of hats these days (CEO, Artist, Author, Actress and the list goes on) and it can be challenging to play all of the different roles.  But I LOVE what I do every day and I wouldn't have it any other way..  I will be posting more updates and insights about my company and all of the things we have going on.  2011 is going to be a very big year.

A final thought: **No matter what obstacles you face, never ever let anything block you from pursuing your dreams.  You only get one life and TRUST that you will regret it if you reach the end of it and haven't made your best effort to pursue greatness. GO HARD, make memories, and keep moving forward.**

That's a thought from my Diamond Mind.  Let me know what's on yours . . . .

Peace from the Dollhouse.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on Your Diamond Mind? Tell me what you think about this.